Come grow with us!
Christian Education classes for children age 4 through grade 12 are held during the school year between services on Sunday morning. See below for the class that fits you.
- Children (Pre-K through 5th grade) meet on the lower level Sundays at 10:15am. Kids are introduced to key Bible stories and Christian concepts through Bible reading, classroom activities, songs, games, and animated characters who give them a visual of how to live out faith. Kids also receive a leaflet with activities to take home to do with their families during the week.
- Junior High (grades 6-8) class meets in Rm. 4 on the lower level Sundays at 10:15am. These younger youth will focus on the words (topics) of the church that deal with loving God, making faithful decisions, loving others, dealing with life’s difficulties, and developing Christian character—all hallmarks of the Christian journey.
- Senior High Discussion Group meets in the Wesley Room on the upper level Sundays at 10:15am. The group takes a closer look at the Bible – finding deeper meaning than the Sunday School lessons of our childhood – and engages in discussion about living out its lessons and the role a Christian faith plays in our 21st century lives.
For more information on Children’s Programs at CUMC, please call Karen at 973-635-7740 or click here to send an email.
The youth participate in a variety of activities ranging from Community Outreach to Introspective/Informative Outings, Missions, and just plain Fun.
Regular meeting times below. Join us!
- JYF – Junior Youth Fellowship (grades 6-8) meets most Sundays at 4:30 pm in the youth lounge on the lower level.
- SYF – Senior Youth Fellowship (high school) meets most Sunday at 7:15 pm in the youth lounge on the lower level.
Do you know all the books of the Bible in order? Yeah, we didn’t either… so our 6th grade class created this fun video to help us remember where everything is!