Borough of Chatham adopted a RESOLUTION HONORING THE VOLUNTEERS WHO GIVE OF THEMSELVE EACH WEEK AT THE CHATHAM COMMUNITY FOOD DISTRIBUTION ON THEIR ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF OPERATION on April 26, 2021. Click here to see the Resolution that CUMC received among the other volunteers.
- Take what you need, leave what you can.
The CUMC Community Food Pantry started mid March 2020 with a couple of plastic shelves outside our sanctuary doors at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic. A simple sign asking people to “care well for each other” and instructions stating “take what you need-leave what you can” has been well received and supported by the Chatham and Madison communities. As our neighbors needs increase, our response has grown. Our “Pop Up Pantry” has been replaced with two weather sturdy sheds and remain accessible 24 hours a day-7 days a week and are located behind Chatham United Methodist Church at 460 Main Street. These sheds can be found adjacent to the Chatham Methodist Preschool Playground and the Chatham Middle School Parking lot. We rely on our community to keep our shelves well stocked.
Support Our Panty
- Donate Online! If you would like to support of our efforts, Please Click Here and select CUMC Covid Relief/Community Food Distribution
- Shop our Amazon WishList! CLICK HERE
- Checks made out to Chatham United Methodist Church may be mailed to the church at 460 Main Street, Chatham NJ 07928. Please include Covid Relief Fund in memo line
At this time we are critically low in:
- NonPerishable Food Items such as: breakfast cereal, canned protein (tuna, chicken, turkey, ham, other fish) peanut butter, jelly, bags of dried beans/lentils, rice, all canned fruit/fruit cups and tomato/pasta sauce. Individually packaged snacks, baking mixes, pancake mix and syrup, condiments/salad dressings, cooking oil, and flour/sugar.
- All personal care items such as: all sizes of diapers, baby wipes, soaps (liquid and bar), shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, mouthwash, lotions, shave cream, disposable razors, deodorant, and diaper cream.
We are well supplied with the following donations and will NOT need more at this time:
We discourage the donation of baby food and baby formula. We also do not need adult incontinence supplies. We have found that these items usually expire before we are able to distribute it.
We Do Not Take!!
- No fresh or frozen meat of any kind.
- No dairy: including eggs, fresh milk, cheese, butter (unless delivered directly from a store/business)
- No frozen foods
- No bags of bread (we are supplied daily with Panera Bread and Chatham Bagel)
- No home baked goods
- No items previously opened or not individually wrapped
- Nothing expired
Please know that we only accept food or personal care items and cannot accept household goods, clothing, furniture, toys, etc.
We are so grateful for your continued support. Our community’s generosity is inspiring and appreciated.
The CUMC Community Food pantry is part of a community effort to address food insecurity among our neighbors. Additional efforts and our partners include:
- Chatham Wednesday Food Distribution: Click Here to donate towards produce boxes. (choose Covid Relief/Food Distribution)
- Helping Hands of Chatham, NJ: Click Here for information on donating towards ShopRite Gift Cards.