Below is a small sample of resources available for our members and friends in need.
- New Time! Chatham Weekend Meals/Helping Hands is working together with BoxCar and ShopRite of Chatham to provide $25 gift cards and fresh produce to families in Chatham facing food insecurity. For information about “Helping Hands” you may visit https://www.facebook.com/groups.ChathamWeekendMeals/ Produce pickups take place each Wednesday from 3:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. at the parking lot of Chatham United Methodist Church across the street from CVS on Main St. in Chatham Borough. Please note that because this will be donated food, food distribution will be made on a “first come, first served” basis WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. Click here for the flyer in english and spanish language.
- Click Here for the official Tri-Town Cares Resources As the number of cases of COVID-19 increase, so does the associated anxiety. During this difficult period, Madison, Chatham Borough, Chatham Township, and local members have joined forces to compile some helpful resources for all our residents.
- Cancer Support Community Central New Jersey (CSCCNJ): provides FREE OF CHARGE social and emotional support including individual and group counseling, health and wellness classes, nutrition classes and education. www.cancersupportcnj.org (908) 658-5400
- For current information about New Jersey resources such as employment opportunities, medical assistance, housing assistance and financial assistance please Click Here for the New Jersey COVID-19 Information HUB.
- If you need to speak to someone for emotional support dealing with stress, anxiety and depression due to COVID-19, speak with a behavioral care specialist from theNJ Mental Health Cares Hotline 866-202-HELP (4357) daily from 8am-8pm.
- TheMom2Mom helpline offers 24/7 peer support to mothers of children with special needs. 877-914-MOM2 (6662)
- Crisis Text LineConnect with a crisis counselor, trained in active listening and collaborative problem solving, helping to defuse a “hot” moment or a crisis. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Text: “NJ” to 741741
- For a partial list of current food pantries in New Jersey, please Click Here