Come grow with us!
Christian Education classes for children age 4 through grade 12 are held during the school year at 11:10am on Sunday morning. See below for the class that fits you.
- Whirl Kids (Pre-K through 4th grade) meet on the upper level Sundays at 11:10am. Kids are introduced to key Bible stories and Christian concepts through Bible reading, classroom activities, songs, games, and animated characters who give them a visual of how to live out faith. Kids also receive a leaflet with activities to take home to do with their families during the week.
- Submerge Class (grades 5-8) class meets on the lower level Sundays at 11:10am. These younger youth will take a deeper dive into the Bible, contemplate tough questions, and enter into the stories through improvisational drama, deep discussion, and creative activities which will help tweens make connections between biblical faith and modern culture.
- Senior High Discussion Group meets on the upper level Sundays at 11:10am. The group takes a closer look at the Bible – finding deeper meaning than the Sunday School lessons of our childhood – and engages in discussion about living out its lessons and the role a Christian faith plays in our 21st century lives.
For more information on Children’s Programs at CUMC, please call Sharon at 973-635-7740 or click here to send an email.
The youth participate in a variety of activities ranging from Community Outreach to Introspective/Informative Outings, Missions, and just plain Fun.
Regular meeting times below. Join us!
- JYF – Junior Youth Fellowship (grades 6-8) meets most Sundays at 5:30 pm in the youth lounge on the lower level.
- SYF – Senior Youth Fellowship (high school) meets most Sunday at 6:30 pm in the youth lounge on the lower level.
Do you know all the books of the Bible in order? Yeah, we didn’t either… so a group of our 6th graders created this fun video to help us remember where everything is!